Thank you for your comments, feedback and suggestions

A current Insight:

When you give for a worthy cause, it is really only a loan and G-d Himself is the guarantor. Furthermore, the more you give, the more you get. I don't mean this figuratively. I say so you will test it and see for yourself

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spiritual Gems from the parsha

He shall shave all his hair, his head and his beard and his eyebrows. (Lev. 14:9)

A person was afflicted with tzara'at for one of three reasons: haughtiness; slanderous talk or talebearing; and looking upon others begrudgingly. His purification, therefore, had to involve: shaving his head, where haughtiness comes from; shaving his beard because he didn't keep his mouth closed when necessary; shaving his eyebrows because he didn't look at people kindly.

(Klei Yakar)

When you come into the land of Canaan, which I give you for a possession, and I put the plague of tzara'at in a house...(14:34)

The plague of tzara'at which effected a home was actually a blessing from G-d. The entire time that the Jews were in the desert, the Amorites hid their treasures in the walls of their homes. When the Jews conquered the land and took over the homes, they were forced to break down the walls when the plague hit, thereby finding the treasures.

(Vayikra Rabba)

This is the law concerning the metzoraleper (14:2).

Rabbi Shimon ben Gamliel told his servant: "Go buy me something good from the market." He went and bought a tongue. Rabbi Shimon said: "Go buy me something bad from the market." The servant returned with another tongue. Said Rabbi Gamliel: "I told you to buy something good and something bad and you returned with the same thing. How is this possible?" Answered his servant, "From the tongue comes good and bad. When it is good there is nothing better than it, but when it is evil, there is nothing more evil than it."

(Vayikra Raba)

No comments: