Question of the Week:
I think religion is a crutch. G-d is for the weak and the needy. Don't you have the independence to get through life on your own?
Answer:
You're right. Religion is a crutch, a sign of human weakness. And to be honest, religion is not my only crutch. I am so weak, I need a whole array of support mechanisms to prop me up and keep me going. I need food. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I am totally dependant on eating. Without food, I would probably not have the strength to do much at all. My body does not nourish itself. It needs outside help. So I eat.I have an emotional crutch too. I need other people. If it weren't for the support of my family and friends I certainly wouldn't be where I am today. And while we are on the subject, I am also quite dependent on my shoes. My feet would be really sore without them. The human is a fragile being. We are not self-sufficient. We depend on external sources for our survival. We need to be fed, we need to be loved, and we need shoes. I thank G-d every day, for it is He who provides me with food, family and footwear.
Thank you for your comments, feedback and suggestions
- Please click here to send us your comments, feedback or suggestions
- There are currently "3719" members.
- Please note that the underlined bullets on the left side of this page are links, which are updated weekly.
- Contact Us
A current Insight:
When you give for a worthy cause, it is really only a loan and G-d Himself is the guarantor. Furthermore, the more you give, the more you get. I don't mean this figuratively. I say so you will test it and see for yourself
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
G-d is for the weak and the needy. Don't you have the independence to get through life on your own?
Labels:
Ask the Rabbi

No comments:
Post a Comment