Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; O earth, the words of my mouth (Deut. 32:1)
Our Sages stated: "The words of every individual who has fear of heaven will be obeyed." Moses, who possessed tremendous fear of heaven, first called upon the celestial spheres to listen to him. The lower, human realm would then follow and obey automatically.
(Rabbi Avraham Yaakov of Sadigora)
* * *
How did Moses, the most humble man to ever walk the face of the earth, dare to demand the attention of the heavens? Because the more insignificant a person considers himself, the more right he has to ask that the heavens pay him mind.
(Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Kotzk)
* * *
He set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the Children of Israel (Deut. 32:8)
G-d established the borders of all the countries of the world so that the Jewish people, by living in those lands and observing Torah and mitzvot (commandments), could elevate the sparks of holiness they contain. The purpose of the Jews' exile among the nations is to illuminate the world through "the candle of mitzva, and the Torah, light."
(Sichot Kodesh)
* * *
And He said, I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end shall be (Deut. 32:20)
G-d assures us: "Even though I will hide My face and subject the Jewish people to the laws of nature, it will only be a temporary situation. For even in their exile I am mindful of their 'end,' and will always protect their eternity."
(Shem MiShmuel)
Thank you for your comments, feedback and suggestions
- Please click here to send us your comments, feedback or suggestions
- There are currently "3719" members.
- Please note that the underlined bullets on the left side of this page are links, which are updated weekly.
- Contact Us
A current Insight:
When you give for a worthy cause, it is really only a loan and G-d Himself is the guarantor. Furthermore, the more you give, the more you get. I don't mean this figuratively. I say so you will test it and see for yourself

No comments:
Post a Comment